Pulsar Axion KEY XM30 Thermal Imaging Monocular Details
- Pulsar Axion Key XM30 enables an easy observation due to its compact design, low weight, and ergonomic build
- Enormous internal memory storage – 16 GB
- Axion Key XM30 has a brand new APS3 battery which can quickly be changed without any inconveniences
- The Key XM30 unit has an LCOS display which enables immaculate visual interpretation of the observing object
There are two basic differentiation of the Axion units – models which have an acronym „Key“ in their name and models without one. Models with a „Key“ acronym don’t have a Wi-Fi and video recording software integrated into its construction while the units without the „Key“ have this software available for use.
About the Axion series
Pulsar Axions are remarkably lightweight and compact pocket-sized thermal monocular units which were released at the start of 2019 as a substitute for the Quantum Lite models which were discontinued in 2019.
Every Axion model out there has three calibration modes (automatic, semi-automatic, manual) like the Helion units.
Axion XM has an enviable 16 GB of internal memory for a purpose of storing images and videos. When it comes to a display, Axions are available with an LCOS – 960×720 and a brand new HD AMOLED 1024×768 microdisplay. LCOS display is integrated into the Key XM models, while AMOLED is built in the XM units which lack the Key acronym.
The HD AMOLED display is designed to face freezing temperatures all the way up to -25°C while LCOS display can stand up to -10°C.
With Axion, you are able to display a thermal image in 8 different colors. The White Hot and Black Hot are predominantly used for detection activities,
About the model (Axion Key XM30)
The Key XM30 model has a picture in picture 2.5-10x digital zoom and 2x optical magnification.
With this model, a maximum observation distance for an animal, such as a
deer is 1200 m. The field of view is 10.3 m/100 m which means that this
model is more appropriate to use on longer distances.
Angular field of view of the Key XM30 unit is 7.8°. If your sole purpose
is to observe an object without a need of taking pictures or videos
then this unit (Key XM30) is the one you are looking for.
- 16 GB of internal storage
- Quick-change APS3 battery
- Ergonomic rangefinder-like
- HD AMOLED microdisplay (XM30, XM38)
- LCOS display (Key XM22, Key XM30)
- Full waterproof – IPX7
- 8 thermal color patterns (White Hot, Black Hot, Red Hot, Red Monochrome, Rainbow, Ultramarine, Violet and Sepia)
- Calibration modes (automatic, semi-automatic, manual)
- 12 μm pixel pitch
- 50 HZ frame rate
- Built-in video & sound recorder (XM30, XM38)
- Made from rugged magnesium
- Stream Vision compatibility (XM30, XM38)
The manufacturer offers 3 years of warranty for this product.
Pulsar Axion KEY XM30 Thermal Imaging Monocular Specifications
|Thermal Monocular Series||Pulsar Axion|
|Lens aperture||F 1.2|
|Field of view
||10.3 m/100 m|
|Field of view.||10.3m / 1000m|
|Field of view (deg.)
|Apparent field of view (deg.)
|Closest focus distance
|Range of detection
|Battery life||4 Hours|
|Temperature range||-10 ° / + 40° C|
|In production since||2019|